Thursday, December 29, 2016

December Random Highlights

 The greatest delight for me this season was to have our entire family together.


  
And here was something we added to our new traditions list.
Attending the Utah Symphony's performance of the entire score of
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
which they played live along with the movie.
It was fantastic!
It was so amazing that at times I totally forgot the symphony was actually playing live.
I hope they will do more future performances like this.
Such fun!



We introduced Coryn and Caitlyn to Chomburger. 
One of our newest cool eateries in downtown Provo.
(Sad that Courtney missed while she was at work that day.)

 Finn wrapped in the afghan I made him.

And my newest 'pretend' grandbaby arrived a few weeks early!
His mother went into labor and since her own mother was unable to drive down from Idaho
because of a serious snowstorm, we were called into action (plan B).
Courtney and I went over to get the older children ready for bed 
while their parents headed to the hospital. 
All very exciting.


My Cammy meeting little Finn for the first time.
(Check out the 'side-eye' look he's giving her.)


A few days after he was born we got the chance to snuggle him at our home
while his mom and grandma did some last minute Christmas shopping.
Here is my husband holding him while I did some Christmas wrapping.
There is nothing like the feeling of peace a newborn child brings.
Photo of Princess Cora the morning we got the children fed, dressed and ready
 to go to the hospital to meet their new brother.
 And now she is no longer the baby, but a big sister.
 Fun serendipity moment for me!
Dallas Clayton, a favorite children's book author/illustrator came to Provo!
I've been an admirer for a long time.
So great to finally meet and talk with him.
Such a kind human.
He spreads a message of JOY throughout the world with his murals.
Local company Chatbooks had commissioned Dallas to come to town.
It was fabulous to watch him paint joined by children and their families.
As each child would come forward he would hand them the paint roller
and then ask them to close their eyes and think of someone they loved
and then he would tell them to paint that love onto the wall.
It was a cold day and he told me that his Los Angeles acclimated body was feeling it.
But he was thrilled to be in Utah during the beautiful winter.



Here is the finished product after four hours.
This is located on the parking garage where our original
Rooftop Concert Series began.

 
My girls had to model their 'winter onesies' in the new fallen snow.
Always a party having them home under one roof.


 And, of course, we love having our son-in-law here with his lovely wife:)

  
We loved visiting the Minverva Teichert show at the BYU Museum of Art.
I highly recommend.
It will be showing into April 2017.
Coryn and I have always adored her exquisite art and life.


I loved getting to play the beautiful Christmas hymns on the organ in the temple this month 
as well as getting to spend some time here with some of our family.

(Some Christmas photos in my next post.)


No comments: