Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Some words of reason about this election


The following are some thoughts by Utah's Lieutenant Governor, Spencer Cox.
(taken from my twitter feed)

"I have been reading a biography on every president. In order. Currently on Teddy Roosevelt. 
I know. I have a problem.
Over the past few months, I have heard people say that this is the most important election in the history of our nation.
It's not.
I have heard people say that this is the most divided our country has ever been.
They're wrong.
I've heard people say that this is the most disturbing, depressing, and disgusting election
in the history of our nation.
They're right.
You see we have had TERRIBLE presidents before.
And we've faced evil and challenges- foreign and domestic-far greater than this.
But here's the thing. We figure it out.
I still believe in us.
I still believe in our country.
I still believe that God cares about us.
And more importantly, I believe that most of us still care about each other.
Empathy and compassion exist.
I've seen it.
Remember, love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you,
and pray for them which use and persecute you.
After tomorrow, our nation has some serious healing to do.
But that's on us.
One-on-one, R's and D's. We can't wait for the politicians.
But if we change, leaders will follow.
A new generation of positive, respectful and principled leadership will come.
Let's demand it.
So, no matter what happens tomorrow night, remember:
We've been through worse.
We've got this.
Be the change.
May God bless us."

Amen.




No comments: