Sunday, April 5, 2015

March Mashup

Popcorn popping 
Spring sprang..sprung...springed(?) in March this year.
It seems the blossoms in our yard were here 
3 weeks earlier than usual.


 I spied a butterfly on my phlox.

 Been spending lots of time chauffeuring this gal around.
She is taking a BYU bowling class (among other things)
for school PE credit
and realizing it is much harder than she expected.


Cammy had fun at her second State ASL Competition.
She contributed a beautiful art piece about deaf culture this year.


 Cammy and I were invited as special guests
 to climb aboard our friend,
singer Mindy Gledhill's yellow tour bus.
We had a fun evening as VIP's at her concert
 at Velour Live Music Gallery.
 Fabulous show as always.
We love Mindy!
 My lovely niece, Hannah, invited us to her Harp recital.
She was incredible and played 
some very difficult pieces so flawlessly.



 Here is a darling photo of her with that cute David Archuleta.
Hannah accompanied him last Christmas season at a performance
at the Capitol Theatre in Salt Lake City.

 For my birthday treat, I got my hair cut 
and then went by myself to see "Cinderella."
It was beautiful! 
A lovely homage to the original Disney animated film 
of my childhood.
Did you know that Kenneth Branagh directed?


 My family treated me to a birthday dinner at Mimi's.
The food was yummy and I love being with my family.
The waitress saw Cammy and Courtney talking in ASL
and she was excited to tell them she was majoring in that subject.
So it made for a fun evening 
as she interacted on and off with the girls.

 I was extra delighted to attend J. Kirk Richard's
"Road to Emmaus: Easter Themed Works"
at the new Writ &Vision Gallery in downtown Provo.
I have been a fan of Kirk's for years.
His paintings touch my soul.
I am especially drawn to his depiction of angels.
I was gifted his new book 'This is Jesus' and he was kind enough
to sign a 'Happy Birthday' to me inside the cover.

 Well, you know I have this thing for indie bands,
and my favorite band 'Fictionist' was playing at Velour
on my birthday weekend...so of course I had to go.
Manager Kaniesha and owner Corey Fox let me have my own
cushy seat to sit on so I didn't have to stand through 3 bands.
They are very kind to this old gal and her 'rock & roll' heart.
 And it was great to visit with Brittany Tolman whose new band
Mount Saint was featured that evening.
They are now based in LA though they got their start here in Provo.
Did you know that Brittany and her husband, drummer Andrew,
were original members of Imagine Dragons?
She is the female vocal you hear on their early recordings.
I met her way back then and also a few years ago at the Rooftop.
Mount Saint has a cool sound and she is terrific on vocal and keys.

 My sweet 78 year old friend, Jan,
put on a tea party just for me to celebrate my birthday.
She loves to have tea parties.
And believe me, she does them up in style.


Jan finds such delight in simple things.
She is generous of heart and a delightful gal to share conversation.

It was wonderful to end the month hearing the words and counsel 
from our leaders at the LDS General Women's Meeting. 
Much food for the soul and anticipation 
for General Conference the following week.
March was marvelous.

No comments: