Saturday, October 11, 2014

Sidewalks of Chicago

I did this photo in black and white as it reminded me of an old noir movie setting.
A few weeks ago I accompanied my husband on a 
business trip to the grand city of Chicago.
To be honest, it had never been on my list of places
 I was interesting in visiting.
However, I am so glad I tagged along.
It was fabulous!


The waterfront was right across from our hotel.
We enjoyed a stroll along side it on our first evening.
 I loved the architecture.
And, and of course Chicago can boast of having some of 
the greatest in the world.
(Home of Andrew Lloyd Wright.)
This is the home of WGN Radio
 housed in the Chicago Tribune Building.

This is another angle of the Chicago Tribune Building.
From here I began my walk on the 'Magnificent Mile.'




Here is a night shot of the famous Wrigley Building.


We enjoyed a delicious dinner at Giordanos.
Famous for Chicago deep-dish pizza.
This was the plaza outside the restaurant.
Perfect weather to eat outside.


 On my Magnificent Mile walk I enjoyed window shopping
at all the famous stores.
I had to make a stop at the American Girl Place.
Two of our daughters owned and loved 
an American Doll in their childhood.
This is the anchor store.
It was fun to see all the 'retired' dolls as well as the new models.


I especially loved this 60's era doll in the bug.


 Striking facade for Burberry, a famous London store.


 Neat to see the Chicago Theatre district as well.


 There were strange-looking horses in Chicago.


 Several boats took architect tours throughout the day.


 One evening we found a 'British Pub'
and had some 'authentic' British food such as
Bangers and Mash, Yorkshire Pudding and Pot Pie.
(My husband is always great 
about catering to my British obsessions.)



 Each day I walked through Millennial Park 
which was built in 2004.
I would sit for a bit and 'people-watch' as they gathered around this
giant silver jelly bean.
Fascinating installation.

Here is an artistic shot from inside and underneath the bean.

Next post I will share photos of where I spent most of my time.
Stayed tuned.

1 comment:

Mason said...

Chicago has for some reason always been one of my loves ever sincewe went as a family when I was younger. Such a fun place. I love the weather there, too... These are such pretty pictures, too. Makes me want to go back.