Monday, July 21, 2014

Children Will Listen

Courtney sent me this You Tube clip in my email today.
I had told her about the time when I was 20 years old
and went on a road trip to California with Nancy, one of my college friends.
We spent an evening in Las Vegas and attended a concert of Glen Campbell.
But the revelation of that evening was a young singer who opened the show.
Bernadette Peters.
She was incredible.
She came into the audience and sang directly to those of us
 who were lucky enough to have seats close to the stage.
After her set she actually came into the audience to shake hands and meet us.
I remember thinking how stunningly beautiful she was
 with her flawless porcelain skin and her tiny petite figure.
But that voice!
All these years later she is still one of my all-time favorite singers.
And THIS is one of my all-time favorite songs by the brilliant Stephen Sondheim.
From his musical 'Into the Woods' in which Bernadette created the role of The Witch.
ENJOY!

1 comment:

Rain Coyote said...

I melt a little when she sings.