Wednesday, May 28, 2014

"Nothing can dim the light that shines within you." ~Maya Angelou

goodreads.com

I am a quote collector. 
I have been since I was a child.
I believe I got this from my dad.
When I heard that author, playwright, actress, singer, activist
Maya Angelou had passed away today,
I revisited her quotes.
Here are some of my favorites:

"I believe that each of us comes from The Creator 
trailing wisps of glory."

"Nothing will work unless you do."

"I'm a woman Phenomenally." 

"If you don't like something, change it,
change your attitude. Don't complain."

"People will forget what you said,
people will forget what you did,
but people will never forget how you made them feel."

"You may not control all the events that happen to you,
but you can decide not to be reduced by them."

"My mission in life is not merely to survive,
but to thrive;
and do so with some passion,
some compassion,
some humor, and some style."

And Ms. Angelou's last tweet on twitter a few days ago:

"Listen to yourself and in that quietude
you might hear the voice of God."




No comments: