Saturday, March 15, 2014

 Over the past several months or so I have been going on a journey of sorts.
I have been trying to overcome things that I have struggled with for a long time.
Nothing dramatic really.
Just the need to find more peace with myself as a person.
For most of my life I have been what some would call 'a pleaser.'
Never ruffle any feathers, always make sure everyone is happy, don't rock the boat...
It is exhausting. 
In a matter of speaking, I haven't known how to get off the treadmill.
Of course, I always believe that the ultimate strength and help is found in 
The Gospel of Jesus Christ.
But even our Savior has told us to
 "seek ye out of the best books words of wisdom..." (Doctrine and Covenants 88:118)
So this is what I have done and I have found some very useful knowledge.
This is one of the books that has helped me:


 I highly recommend this read if you are also searching for authenticity and peace with yourself.


No comments: