Monday, March 3, 2014

Five days of events and now I'm tired...


 Court treated me to National Theatre Live's One Night Only Event
of War Horse broadcast to cinemas world-wide on February 27th.
On our two glorious trips to London we never managed to get tickets.
This was almost as good as being there.
In fact, at times throughout the play I completely forgot I was watching on a screen.
It was magnificent!


On Friday night Court spoiled our family
by taking us to see this masterpiece.
We love animator Miyazaki's gorgeous films.
This will be his last film as the 73 year old is retiring.
No disrespect to 'Frozen' which I very much enjoyed,
but this film should have won the Oscar.
Court, our BFA Animation graduate, can tell you the incredible talent and skill
that goes into a full-length hand-drawn film like this.
Pure, magical 2-D brilliance!


On Saturday my husband and I drove to beautiful Sanpete County
to spend the day at the Manti Temple with our Young Single Adult Ward.
We pulled over so I could take this photo.

photo: Geoff Nelson
 This is one terrific group of smart, talented, kind, service-oriented, testimony-filled people.
It was a glorious day.


Sunday was filled with church meetings and family.
The sky was particularly splendid so I took this shot from the church parking lot.


Our Sunday dinner celebrated our new son-in-law's birthday.
He loved the cake I made for him:)
Not too pretty, but I made it from scratch and it tasted good.

(photo stolen from Coryn's celebration for Scott)
And we extended the celebration into Monday evening.
(Doesn't he look like a young Paul McCartney?)

No comments: