Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Smell the Lavender

 Our family spent Saturday down in beautiful Mona, Utah
at the annual Lavender Days Festival.
Coryn was running the 5K.
It was a beautiful sunny day with just enough
cloud cover and a breeze to make it pleasant.
 When I did this 5K three summers ago,
I was not smiling like Coryn.
Pretty sure I came in last across the finish line.
No, that was probably Court who walked behind me
to make sure I didn't have a heart attack:) 
I couldn't be convinced to do it this year.
I came for the lavender ice cream.
 Coryn did great!

 Scott is a cross country runner
but sat this one out and cheered for Coryn.
 The smell of lavender permeated the air.
I love that smell!


 Court and Cammy enjoyed the paddle boats.
 Court rode a bull...sort of.
 And Cammy told a moose where to go.
 Bill was a great sport and tagged along.



 The jousting arena.



Summer fun.