Monday, July 22, 2013

Pioneer children sang as they walked and walked and walked...

This gem circa 1995 is of our 3 oldest girls with the Bonnett children
 while we were visiting Brigham Young's winter home in St. George.
 
 I am from proud pioneer stock. Since this is "Pioneer Week" here in Utah, I am thinking about those brave men, women, and children who suffered great hardships to cross the plains in search of a better life near the beautiful mountains of the Salt Lake Valley.
My 4th great-grandpa was Erastus Snow who along with Orson Pratt 
was the first to enter the Salt Lake Valley
a few days before Brigham Young,
who was ill and could not travel.
On July 24, 1847
Brigham Young saw the valley for the first time
and declared,
"This is the right place."

When Courtney was 15 she and her dad went on a grueling Pioneer Trek together.

I love Utah. I love the mountains. And I love the pioneers.
Blessed, honored Pioneer.

No comments: