Thursday, May 23, 2013

A woman of quiet strength


photo: Gerry Avant
Frances J. Monson
1927-2013

I had the opportunity of meeting Sister Monson on a couple of occasions,
both after musical theatre productions in which I performed.
(Many who know President Monson are aware how much he 
enjoys attending musical productions.)
One of the first things I noticed about her was her adorable smile.
She radiated warmth and kindness..
I recall how very gracious and complimentary she was to everyone in the cast.
I also remember how President Monson would just beam as he gazed at her.
My heart goes out to him at this tender time of temporary separation.

I love this beautiful tribute he gave to his wife:
"There was no chink in her armor;
there was no guile in her soul;
there was no flaw in her character."