Monday, January 21, 2013

Rule #6: Savor the moments.

My animal loving daughter #1

Savor the moments.
Pause and be present.
Life is NOT a race.

"The trick is to enjoy life. Don't wish away the days,
waiting for better ones ahead."
~Marjorie Pay Hinckley

I spent so many years rushing from one thing to another.
 Trying to get "things" done.
I'm sure I gave a lot of energy to unnecessary and trivial things.
When I would try to enjoy any 'moments' 
my mind would always be thinking
of the next thing I had to do on my list.
It was not until my mid to late thirties
 when it finally dawned on me
that I didn't have to say yes to every request
AND that I didn't have to feel guilty about it.
Once I realized this I was much more content and at peace.
I have also had to remind myself (on a regular basis)
 that it doesn't matter what others think of me.
This allows me to focus on things that are truly important.

TODAY

"Normal day, let me be aware of the treasure you are.
 Let me learn from you,
love you, bless you before you depart.
Let me not pass you by in the quest of some rare and perfect tomorrow.
Let me hold you while I may, for it may not always be so.
One day I shall dig my nails into the earth,
or bury my face in the pillow,
or stretch myself taut,
or raise my hands to the sky and want,
more than all the world,
your return."
~Mary Jean Iron


Living in the Present

"Yesterday is a cancelled check.
Tomorrow is a a promissory note.
Today is cash in hand; spend it wisely."
~Anonymous