Sunday, December 16, 2012

'Tis the Season...

 photo by Court

Once in a lifetime 12/12/12
My trickster daughter, Court,
decided to play a prank on her office. 
When no one was looking she did this.
Apparently the reactions in the office were priceless,
if not a bit gullible:)
Throughout the afternoon people just couldn't
believe the clock had stopped at 12:12.
Several posted this "amazing occurrence"
  on their Facebook pages.


 (Photos MormonNewsroom.org)

Blessed to attend this MAGNIFICENT concert on Thursday.
I have been a huge Alfie Boe fan for some years.
(You may recognize him from the 25th Anniversary "Les Miz" concert on PBS.)
After his exquisite rendition of "The Prayer" 
best known as "Bring Him Home"
he received a spontaneous standing ovation.
I even yelled out a "bravo" with several others.
How often do you get to do that?


 Respected news anchor and author Tom Brokaw narrated
the wonderful story of the World Ward II "Candy Bomber"
who dropped bits of rationed candy with tiny parachutes
to German children. A healing and kind act.

 An "awe" moment happened when the 92 year old 
"Candy Bomber" 
himself came onto the stage. Gail Halvorsen, 
who lives in Utah, wore 
his actual WWII pilot uniform. 
I couldn't believe how "spry" he was
as he bounded down the stairs to meet Tom Brokaw.

The Mormon Tabernacle Choir and Orchestra
 were outstanding as always!
I have been filled by the light and spirit of this event for days now.

 photos by Court

 Friday night we held our annual Christmas Book Group.
Festive as always.
We had our cookie exchange and instead of a book this year
we all shared favorite games we enjoy playing.
I added several new ones to my list.


 I love these gals.
We've been hanging out for several years now.
And I hope it continues for a long time to come.

 photo by Robert Cowan

Saturday we received some much needed snow.
Coryn drove up the canyon to Sundance to
do a photo shoot for her bestie Courtney and her husband Tom.
An anniversary gift.
(She had missed their wedding while away on her mission.)

I got a sneak peak at the photos
and they are gorgeous!
So is the couple:)

 all photos Court

 The rest of the family went on our traditional
 all day Salt Lake City outing.
Checked out the new Trader Joe's.
Bustling with customers.
A popular addition to the city.


 Cammy liked the real snowman
and mini-men that greeted us at the door.


Had lunch at Hires Big H
a place I used to go with my dad when I was a child
to get eggnog milkshakes. 
(The year on my cup may or may not be my birth year...)


 Always love to visit the beautiful Grand America.
Lovely decorations.
My niece is a harpist at their tea room.


Also like to visit their fabulous toy store
Jou Jous.
Many vintage-styled toys, games and candies.
And then we dropped by
Le Bon Vie
a quaint French patisserie.



 City Creek was our next stop.
Busy with Christmas shoppers.
We enjoyed "window shopping."


 And "window gazing."
So many pretty decorated windows.
Especially loved this little gem at Tiffanys.
A miniature entry way.


 City Creek looked gorgeous lit up.


 Our final, and always favorite stop is
Temple Square.
After visiting the Nativity exhibit 
and "Arise and Shine Forth" Youth Art Exhibit
at the Church History Museum,
we arrived just in time to see the lights go on.


Nothing speaks Christmas more to me than this.