Saturday, September 1, 2012

Oh Mandy...

Today I sat on the 5th row center
and listened to this man sing and entertain 
for 2 hours straight-
no intermission.
It was heavenly.

Most of you will know him from this.

What you may not know is that he has had
an extensive concert career
since 1989.

I have had a bit of a crush on Mandy Patinkin
(seen here with the exquisite Bernadette Peters)
 for over 3 decades!
My husband is okay with this.
In fact he took me to see Mandy
in concert twice.
First in 1990 and again in 1997.

mandy patinkin.net

I became aware of him when he won the Tony Award
for his performance as Che
in Andrew Lloyd Webber's 
Evita.

Mandy Patinkin.net
 
 That was followed by his starring role in
Sondheim's
Sunday in the Park With George
with Bernadette Peters.
My favorite.
I wore that CD out!

Here with Daisy Eagan and Rebecca Luker.
 
He was wonderful in Broadway's
The Secret Garden.
Another favorite.

Yentl w/ Amy Irving and Barbara Streisand.
 
Over the years I have enjoyed 
his performances in
movies and television.
Always excellent.

Maxie with Glenn Close.

Ragtime

Emmy award winning performance in
Chicago Hope.

fan pop.com

Our daughters grew up listening to Mr. Patinkin's music.
I own all of his CDs.
My Coryn thinks of him as a piece of her childhood
and in fact went with me and my mom to see
his 2008 concert and attended today as well.

Aside from his outstanding vocal abilities
and his many varied talents
the thing I admire most about Mandy Patinkin
is his devotion to his family.
He has said many times over the years that
his family is his first priority.
He has been married for 34 years
 to the darling and talented writer,
Kathryn Grody
and they are the parents of
Isaac and Gideon.

Give his music a listen:)

No comments: