Saturday, September 3, 2011

Forgot my camera...darn!

All photos Justin Hackworth
Imagine Dragons
frontman, Dan, crowd surfing at end of concert

I guess you will all be relieved to not have to see
another photo of me with a another random musician.
But, darn it!
I wish I'd had my camera last night.
So many awesome photo ops...

Imagine Dragons were amazing!
And they were very nice, especially lead singer Dan.
At the end of the night he gave me a big bear hug
and thanked me for all the hard work
and the beautiful greenroom.
It was nice to meet several of the band's
parents who had flown in for the show.
The band is now relocating to LA.
This band who started just a few years ago
at BYU and played shows at Velour
will be big!
Mark my word.


CJane w/ David Archuleta backstage. That is the shadow of my head in David's armpit. Really.

This is one of the reasons I was sad not to have my camera.
I mean, who doesn't want a photo with
adorable David Archuleta?

I had just brought the band on deck and was standing
stage left by the police barricades
when I felt a shoulder next to mine.
I turned my head and there was David.
I was caught of guard but managed to compose myself and say:
"Hi David. Did you have a night off to hang with
us here in Provo?"
He said:
"Yeah, I came to support my friend Dan from
Imagine Dragons."
We talked a little and then CJane came off stage
and Mindy Gledhill introduced David
and CJane grabbed Justin (our photographer) and said:
"I want a picture with David. Find me some light."
So I asked the security guard to let David through and we
found a light spot and the shot was taken quickly.
David was understandably anxious to get back to his friends
in the crowd, but gracious none-the-less.

Fun night, perfect weather and a crowd of almost 4000!
Read more HERE.



8 comments:

Cookie Doe said...

You are so calm under pressure...after all of my years stalking David, YOU get the awesome unplanned, blessed opportunity...excellent!!!

Mikelle said...

Trilby, occasionally I glance at your blog. Its fun to have a peek at the Copes occasionally. And I so wish you lived close still because I have zuchhini coming out of my ears! If you happen to be in Kaysville, I'd love to share;)

Mason said...

Man, I hate that I missed this! I love Imagine Dragons!
Looks like a blast!

Does anyone ever tell you that you're amazing and cool?
If not, well, you're amazing and cool.

Treble Clef ♪ said...

Mikelle-
We miss you and your family and I want your zucchini:)

Treble Clef ♪ said...

Mason-
Thanks. But no, YOU are the one who is amazing and cool:)

artistwife said...

It looked like such a fun night. And to meet David Archuleta! Awesome!

Rain Coyote said...

That was a fun concert. I like Imagine Dragons' music, it's pretty awesome. Hah, that was funny to see the twelve year old boy there.

Caitlyn said...

I love Imagine Dragons now! Haha and the David Arch encounter, so great.