Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Seriously. How Does Someone Kill Zucchini?

No. I'm not asking how to kill zucchini.
I'm asking why for the past two years my plants have not produced?
I thought zucchini was the plant that everyone could grow.
I actually like zucchini:)
I don't sneak them onto my neighbor's porch in the middle of the night.
My plants looked good.
Produced yellow blooms.
Started to form the beginnings of the zucchini.
And then poof!
It disappeared.
Please bring me your extra zucchini:)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

For me water is has been the trick. I live right next door to a retired couple who love to garden. Mr. Neighbor finally told me about his soaker hose method. Circle each plant pretty close and only water twice a week for twenty minutes. This year has been the best!
mc

VaLene Hulme said...

I don't know the answer, Trilby. It's pretty hard to kill the zucchini plant. Last year, mine were infested with the squash bug. Boy is that critter a pest to the zuc. This year, I planted so late, I don't know if mine will have time to produce. But if they do, I'm sure I'll have extra.

Treble Clef ♪ said...

Thanks VaLene. I will expect at least one:)

M-Z-T said...

Mine have done the same thing! I've gotten a few off the plants, but nothing more.

If I have any extra, I'll know where they'll get a good home!

Treble Clef ♪ said...

Thanks Melissa:) We try to make this a good home:)

Courtney said...

I wish I could help! Mine and Tom's died in the exact same way...doing beautifully and then bam...no more flower buds, nothing. It's sad. Hopefully it doesn't last for either of us. Best to you!