Saturday, July 16, 2011

White Lace and Promises...and Love Songs

Amber, a lovely friend of ours, married the man of her dreams, the handsome and kind-hearted Marcus,
in the Oquirrh Mountain LDS Temple last week.

Court acting as mic stand with Cammy wondering how much longer she has to stay in this dress and have good manners.

Caitlyn was honored to be asked to provide the music for the reception.
For two hours she covered songs requested by Amber.
I accompanied Cait on some old-time love songs from the American Songbook,
with a few Carpenters' classics thrown in for good measure.
"We've Only Just Begun" ...perfect.
Beautiful couple.
The evening was concluded with the guests lined up
for the send-off with lit sparklers in hand
as Amber and Marcus left to begin the adventure called marriage.

4 comments:

VaLene Hulme said...

Oh, that would have been a musical treat. I wish I could've heard both of you. Such amazing talents.

Anonymous said...

Great picture of Cammy.
mc

Rain Coyote said...

I'm glad the bouquet didn't hit anybody. It sounded like it would have been painful, the way it hit the floor with a huge thud when we all just stood there and watched it go up and then down.

I'm a good mic stand. ;)

Caitlyn said...

Look it's me! I'm so very happy for Amber and Marcus :))