Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Rooftop Rock n' Roll

Stu, lead singer for "Fictionist" with the Greenroom Mama.

(click all photos for larger images)

Some of the "Fictionist" guys were back as part of the
Abbey Road Show.
It was fun to hang out with them again.
Such nice and polite gentlemen.

Stu singing "Octopus's Garden"

The band, composed of 20 terrific musicians from around the state
sang The Beatles' Abbey Road album start to finish.


Courtney (CJane) and Christopher Kendrick with yours truly.

Courtney, along with Mindy Gledhill, Justin Hackworth and Sarah Willey
started the Rooftop Concert Series last year
to encourage folks to come downtown,
create some positive energy,
and enjoy some local art galleries
and restaurants.


Courtney and Justin kicking off the concert and thanking sponsors.
*If you look closely you will see me next to the guy placing the guitar:)

With Robbie Connelly, lead guitarist for "Fictionist".
He rocked the house with his smokin' guitar solos.
I had fun talking with his darling wife
at stage side during some of those numbers.


My photo and view of stage.
Robbie on lead guitar with Mark Smith singing
"I Want You."

My photo and view of the stage.

The show was opened by the lovely Sarah Sample.
Her warm vocals were perfect to start it all as the sun went down.

my photo

Justin Hackworth got this great shot of the encore "Hey Jude"
with the entire band (complete with horns) on the stage.

Trevor Christensen caught this unexpected firework.
Awesome!

The audiences just keep getting bigger for each concert!
Such a great setting.
I am having a blast working with such talented and fun people!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry I missed it, to much going on during the 4th of July weekend.
It really looks like you are in your element.
mc

VaLene Hulme said...

I finally made it to a rooftop concert this year! I loved it! I love the Beatles music. And I love these local musicians. Although, I wanted to ring the necks of the young folks being ridiculously loud behind me. I don't think they heard a single song. Good volunteer work, Trilby!

Courtney said...

I can't BELIEVE you were taking pictures with Fictionist! They are amazing! I wish I had seen this sooner because I would have for sure come down! What a great event!!!!

Rain Coyote said...

Mom, why are you so AWESOME!?

I like Fictionist peoples. They are nice and good.

M-Z-T said...

Sad that I didn't get to say hi! First one I was able to go to.