Friday, December 17, 2010

Beautiful Building Burns


My heart is heavy to see this happen to the Historic Provo Tabernacle. Such an exquisite structure built in the late 1880's. So many memories for me in that building. My husband, my girls and I have all performed there for many different occasions and our stake conferences have always been held there as well. For ten years our home was a block east of the Tabernacle. My favorite thing was to watch the light stream through the glorious stained glass windows. I am so sad.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm also sad. Jenny gave a talk in Stake Conference there just last spring. I'm glad I went to the wonderful Thanksgiving concert three weeks ago. The smell of the beautful wood will always stay in my memory.
mc

Rain Coyote said...

WAAH! I am saddened. So I wrote a story about a burned building. That is what I do.

I miss the tabernacle already.