Friday, September 24, 2010

Marionettes that Move you + An Evacuation

Photo credit: Matt Cashore

Our family attended The Cashore Marionette Show at BYU last evening. It was beautiful. Bill, Cammy and I had seen it about three years ago at the Covey Center for the Arts. Loved it so much we wanted the rest of the family to see it. Very classy. We laughed. We cried. The show got a standing ovation and some 'bravos.' We got to meet the Cashores at an after reception. Very humble. You can see how much they love what they do. If you ever get a chance to see this show I highly recommend it.

Side note: We were lucky to have a place to go last night. Our neighborhood was evacuated because some construction crews hit a major gas line a block below our home. I had to contact my vocal students and cancel lessons. Cammy had just finished school and couldn't go down our street and called me from a few blocks above our house to come pick her up. Lots of excitement. TV news crews, policemen, firetrucks, ambulances, helicopters. The Red Cross set up shelter at our local elementary school. (Coryn sneaked back to our house to get our tickets after we got evacuated.) When we arrived home at 10:00 p.m. all was calm and the homes had been cleared to re- enter. And it was the top story on the news:)

5 comments:

Mason said...

Sounds very cool and quirky!
I wish I could see this!

That is so crazy about the gas leak! And I will stay away from mentioning how everyone had gas ;)

Anonymous said...

I was thinking about you guys up there on the hill. Glad it all turned out fine and you were able to go back home.
mc

RainCoyote said...

I loved the marionettes. They were absolutely stunning.

I always miss out on the crazy things like getting evacuated!

Caitlyn said...

I wanna see that marionette show again and again! It was insane! I'm glad you guys got to go back home after instead of being forced to sleep in the streets... or Spring Creek Elementary... Haha

VaLene Hulme said...

I'm so glad you posted about this performance. Millie and I loved it and would see it again in a heart beat.