Wednesday, August 4, 2010

It's a Small World After All...




On one of our evenings at the theatre (The Prince of Homburg at the Donmar Warehouse), I happened to look over during the interval and there was Christopher Clark. I immediately had to rush over to talk to him. I mean, how often are you in London and you run into a fellow Provoan? Chris is a Professor of Theatre at UVU and takes his students each summer to perform at the Fringe Festival in Edinburgh, Scotland. They spend several weeks absorbing the culture, theatre, and sights of London, Paris and various other areas. Lucky students to have Chris as their teacher and guide. (I officially met Chris when Caitlyn was cast in his Kiss Me Kate three summers ago, though I had met him and his brothers and sisters when they were little and visited their Grandma Marion, our neighbor.)

Chris is one of those people that everyone should know. He is witty, smart, kind and so very talented. He is one of my theatre-directing idols. (He also starred in the very funny film: Stalking Santa.)If you want to get a taste of his humor he writes a blog each summer about his adventures in the UK: Mind the Gap. He even blogged about our encounter:) (July25th post).

Because I tend to drop names on occasion here is a frame of reference for my readers: Chris is the brother of bloggers extraordinaire: NieNie and cjane. He is the son of former legislator and former councilwoman Steve and Cindy Clark. And he is the husband of lovely Lisa of The Thrillionaires. He has a beautiful and amazing family.

*Colored highlights are links.

3 comments:

Caitlyn said...

That is so crazy you guys ran into him! He is the coolest, definitely my favorite director ever!

Cookie Doe said...

He makes me laugh. Out loud.

RainCoyote said...

Chris is freakin' funny. Especially in Stalking Santa.