Friday, August 20, 2010

"By seeing LONDON, I have seen as much of life as the world can show." ~Samuel Johnson

Coryn says we only saw about 1/20th of the city during our stay. That amazes me! I felt like we ran several marathons during our 8 days and covered a lot of territory. To think that there is that much more to see blows my mind. I guess I'll have to start planning several more trips:) Enjoy these photos from my camera.

Parliament

Flower Shoppe on Portobello Road

St. Paul's Cathedral. "Feed the Birds." Not any more or you will be fined.
(This looks a lot like our State Capitol Building.)

A Garden in Regents Park

Royal Albert Hall

The Prince Albert Memorial

Coryn in a familiar pose in Regents Park

One of several statues surrounding the Prince Albert Memorial.

Beautiful Hydrangeas in the courtyard of the Victoria and Albert Museum (V&A).

A cute little World War II candy shoppe in Covent Garden.

The Globe Theatre

Exterior of one of many Pubs we saw.

The Gates at Buckingham Palace

A cafe in Covent Garden

A Mass of Humanity on the streets. I took this from the top of a double-decker:)

Coryn modeling at the gates of Kensington Gardens.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures!
mc

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful time you had in London. You saw so much in 8 days. Great memories for you all.
Love, Aunt Cherry

Coryn said...

Mom, your pictures are way better than mine! You totally captured the fun details about London. I love this post.

Cookie Doe said...

What gorgeous pictures! How about I go with you next time ????