Monday, July 12, 2010

Lavender Fields Forever



Okay...so I ran (or rather walked) my first 5K. Coryn, Court and I left at 5:45 am to drive to the Young Living Lavender Farms. At 7:00 am we joined 1000 runners at the starting line. The setting was absolutely gorgeous with acres of lavender against the sunrise.

At the finish line Coryn was in the top 100 or so runners. Way to go Coryn.

Court and I finished in the last 900 or so "runners":) I refused to be last across the line:)
It should be made clear that Court came along to walk behind me in case I tripped, fell over, or had a heart attack. She was a sport.

Some things I realized from this experience:
  • Heavenly Father is indeed the Master Artist. (The views from the mountains to the lakes were stunning, especially at that time in the morning.)
  • As much as you think you have trained, you will still be sore the next morning.
  • There is always someone faster than you. (Thank you 80-year-old woman who galloped past me.)
  • It is a good feeling to hit that "walker's high."
  • I am no longer 25.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! You are a winner no matter what.
Marci

VaLene Hulme said...

That is a great accomplishment! I can't imagine running near all those lavender bushes. Was the smell fantastic? I too know the feeling of 80 year olds zipping by me on foot or by bicycle.

Treble Clef ♪ said...

I can't imagine many people faster than you VaLene:) Yes, the smell (one of my favorite fragrances) was intoxicating...

Caitlyn said...

I'm glad you had a good time! Even if you did have to leave at 5:30 in the morning :)

M-Z-T said...

Yay! I wish I would have been able to do it, but a last minute production meeting made me miss it!

Coryn said...

Way to go, Mom! You're awesome!