Monday, June 7, 2010

Flashback: 30 Years Ago This Week...

Variety Show on Opening Night (circa 1980). Check out the flattering costume, the "Farrah" hair and the mic w/cord.

In Thornton Wilder's play "Our Town" the lead character, Emily, is given the opportunity to go back in time and revisit a day from her life. I've often thought about which day I would choose. There are many. I do know that if I could revisit a summer it would be The Sundance Summer. The summer that I closed many doors and opened many new ones. The summer that defined and shaped me and sent me into my future. The summer where dreams and goals were met and new ones were set on paper. The summer that led me to the happiness I now enjoy.

4 comments:

techranger said...

Interesting question... :)

Perhaps, for me, the day I met my wife on a blind date... it is now almost 41 years that we have been married. Perhaps it was a year after that when I made a commitment and accepted Jesus Christ as my savior in my wife's (at that time my fiance) church. Perhaps it would be the time each of my children were born. Actually, all days are blessed because of Him... for He was with me even before I started to purposely walk with Him.

God bless...
http://www.sonrays.org/
http://www.asigrowinfaith.com/

Larry

Cookie Doe said...

What a pretty picture...so hard to choose just one day- I could choose a summer as well...

Treble Clef ♪ said...

Lovely thoughts, Larry. Because of this particular experience and another that shortly followed I was led to serve a full-time mission for my faith which led me to meet my wonderful husband of 27 years. Isn't life grand?

cherry circelli said...

Love the picture. What a talent and willing contribution to so many people's lives.