Saturday, April 24, 2010

Sing a JAZZY Song

(photo by a nice stranger)
This is where I spent my Friday night (thanks Coryn). In my new green shirt (thanks Bill).
AWESOME!! And...WE WON!

*The last time I attended a JAZZ game was 30 years ago when I looked more like the girl on the left in the above photo;)

I have loved the UTAH JAZZ since their infancy. When these babies were adopted from New Orleans and brought to Utah by Sam Battistone in 1979, my college roommate Robbie and I got to attend several games. Mr. Battistone's niece Kerry, was a good friend of ours and she invited us to sit in her family seats right behind the player's bench. The games were played in the old Salt Palace. Exciting to be up so close to the action and to actually hear the coach talking to the players.

After the games the players would usually shower and then come back to the court to meet and talk with the fans who stuck around. I remember getting to meet: Adrian Dantley (now acting coach for the Denver Nuggets, the team we beat Friday), Darrell Griffith, Ricky Green and Ron Boone (now the color analyst for the JAZZ). All very friendly and cool.

One night they invited some fans to come out on the court at half-time and take a shot at the free throw line to win 4 tickets to a future game. Guess what? I went out onto the court and made the basket on the first try! I gave the 4 tickets to my little brother, Con and his friends. After that I was considered the "coolest sister" ever! Great times.

(Photos by Coryn)

(Photo by me) (Coryn's favorite #12, John Stockton)

5 comments:

Cookie Doe said...

Wow, so that's where Coryn get it from! Who would have guessed? How fun!!!

Coryn said...

This was so fun! I had a blast.

RainCoyote said...

I'm so glad you had so much fun! Minibobinni!

Caitlyn said...

YAY go JAZZ! I like your shirt :)

Tiffany Jones said...

I love the picture of the 2 of you! You haven't changed much in the last 10 years!