Saturday, March 27, 2010

Shameless Post

(Me, a long time ago, somewhere in Alvin, Texas. Check out the early 80's hair.)


I love BIRTHDAYS. And not just my OWN. (Though it is today.) I love the whole IDEA of birthdays. Celebrating another human being because they are HERE on this EARTH we all share.

My friend Jan, has taught me that we should celebrate the ENTIRE MONTH of our birth. And it seems that is just what I have done.

Some of those things have included: LUNCHES with dear friends (old and new); attending a festive NEW MOVIE with my family; trying a QUAINT new restaurant with them; getting a haircut; attending the annual ART & SOUP celebration in SLC (chaired by my awesome longtime friend/roomie Robbie) with my husband and mom; having a 'face-to-face' chat with my favorite KSL radio host, Doug Wright; enjoying a fabulous HOMEMADE DINNER with our friends, the Raybacks (coconut cake masterpiece included); my husband recovering well after his accident; delightful surprise gifts on my doorstep; a beautiful song from the Spring Creek Concert Choir; walks in the springtime SUNSHINE; more NEW SHOES from my husband; buying some NEW BOOKS; a phone call from my brother reminding me he is still two years YOUNGER than me; cards in the mail, phone calls, and lovely songs and treats from my vocal students, and a PURPLE BIRTHDAY CAKE by Coryn.

How much more can a girl be CELEBRATED??

8 comments:

Cookie Doe said...

Wow!!!You are soooo blessed! Happy Birthday!!!

Coryn said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MUMMY! I love you!

Camdoozer said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Caitlyn said...

MOM YOU'RE THE BEST HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!! And I love that picture of you. You are a poofy- farrah-fawcett-haired babe.

M-Z-T said...

Happy Birthday!!

artistwife said...

Dear Trilb:
Hope you had a fabulous birthday. It was so great to see you at art and soup and I'm looking forward to our birthday lunch! Enjoy those new shoes.
Rob

Andrea Brinton said...

Happy Birthday!! I love birthdays so much too! It sounds like yours has been great! I love the picture of you!!

RainCoyote said...

Happy birthday again! And yay for celebration of life.