Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Not One Episode


This will surprise many. I have not watched a single episode of this season's American Idol. Really. (And this from someone who has watched since the first time Kelly Clarkson took the stage.) Come to think of it, neither has anyone else in my family.

Why? I don't know. I guess I've lost interest. Season 7 was the last in which we were truly invested. Fun all around.


Only one of my vocal students has asked if I was excited for the season to start. Usually it is a hot topic at lessons. Apparently not this time.



I think when they started messing with the formula (4th judge, etc.) it lost me. I think after a personal negative experience with my daughter's own audition it soured me. I don't know. For me it was a fun ride while it lasted.


4 comments:

Camdoozer said...

I have 5 words for you: American Idol as gone overboard with the sob story. Wait... that was 9 words :)

Cookie Doe said...

I have one word, SNOOZEFEST!

Caitlyn said...

Oh mother, I couldn't agree MORE.

Mason said...

I haven't watched a single episode either... But, this is regular seeing as how I never watch this show...