Sunday, February 22, 2009

Snow Drops

I have a dear friend named Jan who is old enough to be my mother. We have been friends for 15 years. She has taught me many good things. One of these is to appreciate the simple, unexpected little joys. She likes to call it SERENDIPITY. A few years ago when she moved out of my neighborhood she invited me to come to her yard and dig up some snowdrops and replant them in my yard. She told me that they usually pop up in February while it is still winter, (thus the name) and they usually take a season or two to re-grow after being re-planted. Every February since I've known her she has brought me a tiny vase of snowdrops. Yesterday, I walked around to the side of my house and there to my delight was a small patch of snowdrops popping through the ground. I think I will visit Jan and take her a vase of snowdrops this year.

4 comments:

macoman said...

Snow Drops. :)

CoyoteLion said...

Hey, those were in that movie yesterday. I didn't even know we had them. They were probably buried in snow when I walked down there.

ScrapBox Organization & Storage said...

Oh, I love this! I need some snowdrops. I am SOOOOOO tired of winter! I'll definitely have to plant some to surprise myself next February.

Coryn said...

Very pretty. You're very kind mum, to give Jan some snowdrops.